Tuesday 23 July 2013

Another stamp in the passport

July 11, 2013

     The first week of class came and went, and it was a jam packed week from start to finish. Monday began with an introduction to both Peter and Tracey's class followed by a bus and boat tour of London. 

     Tuesday, the class got to visit the Museum of Brands, Packaging, and Advertising, which was absolutely incredible to see the progression of advertising throughout the decades and how different issues throughout culture and history tied into the brands and their advertising efforts. 



     It is now Thursday and Jennifer, Courtney and myself are about to take a cab, train, and a plane across the pond and I am so stoked! (Sorry in advance for the picture overload that's about to occur.)

Jennifer, Courtney & I just landed in Paris.

Our roomies at the hostel
Courtney & I at the base of the Eiffel Tower
Here we are at the Palais Garnier




















     In attempt to get my iPhone unlocked to get my UK phone number, I lost all media content on my phone including some of the most awesome campaigns from Heineken that I have seen and that I know won't be seen in the states due to their regional content displayed in most of the out of home displays. I'll try to post them later in the blog if I come across them on the internet. 

One thing that I did notice over in Paris is that the movie, Wolverine is a HUGE hit. It felt like every other digital display, flyers, building billboards, and underground ads were letting the public know that Wolverine is on it's way. I even saw some sweet guerrilla adverts (my personal favorite) for the movie. In some parts of the more popular areas, there were stencils spray painted of Wolverine with the release date underneath it. Not only was this very interesting to me, but it was very consistent with the culture and the amount of graffiti and street art the scoured the city. Can't say that I have ever really seen that back in the states. 

No comments:

Post a Comment